VIDEO: Guma Aguiar on construction of new Chabad Education Center overlooking Western Wall
VIDEO: Guma Aguiar donates property overlooking Kotel for new Chabad Education Center
Guma Aguiar speaks to Israel Channel 2 TV about his nervous breakdown and Chabad
November 24, 2010
Click image to view Video
By Baruch Gordon www.israelnationalnews.com October 8, 2009
Energy industrialist and billionaire Guma Aguiar has filed a suit in the Jerusalem Rabbinical Court against prominent U.S. Rabbi Leib Tropper claiming that he misallocated funds intended for institutions and poor people in Israel. Rabbi Tropper's American attorney,
The two men were once very close. Aguiar was introduced to Rabbi Tropper by Aguiar's uncle and business partner, Thomas S. Kaplan.
Aguiar and Kaplan became co-founders and co-chairmen of Rabbi Tropper's Eternal Jewish Family organization. However, due to a serious financial falling out between Aguiar and his uncle, the latter is now the sole chairman.
Through their natural gas-exploration company Leor Energy, co-founders Aguiar and Kaplan discovered trillions of cubic feet of natural gas in Robertson County, Texas and ultimately sold their holdings in November 2007 for $2.55 billion.
Guma Aguiar lawyer's warning letter
http://daattorah.blogspot.com/ May 8, 2009
*Please find below an UNOFFICIAL translation of the original Hebrew letter.
*This UNOFFICIAL translation is NOT a legal translation and all references should be made to the original Hebrew letter.
Guma Aguiar - Warning letter
Friday, May 8, 2009 10:54 AM
From: "Eitan Gabay, Adv."
Attn.: Without prejudice to rights
Rabbi Daniel Eidensohn
Re: Your articles in the DAAS TORAH blog on the Aguiar family
In the name of my client, Jamie and Guma Aguiar, I hereby respectively direct your attention to the following:
1. For some period of time now you have written articles in your blog whose subject concerns my client and their family.
2. An examination of the written material in the blog is evidence of a serious violation of the prohibition of “lashon harah” (libel) and harassment.
3. The content in the blog is harmful and relates to the personal life of my client and their family. My clients are represented as those whose conversions are in doubt without showing any clear proof and without any indication of any decisive or clear proof showing that the conversions were not performed according to Halacha (Jewish law).
4. The statements on the site border on defamation of my client where there is no conflict nor connection whatsoever between you and my clients.
5. In addition, publishing your opinion in public concerning how donations were made by my client and decisions to whom to donate border on infringement of privacy and a violation of their right of privacy.
6. My client is now considering filing a police complaint in respect to the content in the blog and even filing an appropriate lawsuit against you in this matter. In addition, my client is willing to refrain from taking further action against you if within 48 hours you would remove from your blog all material connected to my client and his family.
7. I remind you that your refusal to remove the content as stated above will compel my client to instruct me to act as mentioned above, and be aware that this will cause you much anguish and large and unnecessary costs incurred by you.
8. No further notice will be sent.
Eitan Gabay, Esq.
EITAN GABAY - LAW OFFICES
13 Ben Maimon Blvd.
May 9, 2009
Editor – Joel Katz
Religion and State in Israel is not affiliated with any organization or movement.